"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered." G.K. Chesterton

Sunday, November 14, 2010

That was FUN!

Upon learning that the mysterious "riders of the dark" were moving, my decision was made.  Ride I must.  Plan was to ride Orange.  She'd been sitting patiently waiting for her time of renewal and glory
Four revolutions from home,
"ker thunk . .  ."  That didn't feel right.  I jumped off for a quick look, only to find
a self-destructed rear hub.
Would BLONDIE be up to the task?
I quickly saddled up, pointed Blondie downhill wondering "would anyone else 
(save the riders of the dark) be silly enough
 to venture out,
or would I be alone . .  
Much to my joy, amusement and bemusement I was not to be alone!

Tim and  I headed bravely into the gale force winds along the shore of the greatest of lakes, moving at times as fast as 12 mph, often we were reduced to  8 -  9 mph as we struggled to stay upright.

When we reached the end of the pavement near Two Harbors, Tim turned to head to the Mocha Moose, while I ventured alone up the gravel ahead.
don't laugh . . . it's the 1st time I have used the self timer
Apparently I appeared a bit worse for wear when I returned to the Moose (or so said the customers).










Why is his coffee bigger than mine?




After a few well earned calories, it was back on the road again.












Leaving Tim at home, I continued on for a while longer, logging nearly four hours, while perhaps not up to the standards of the "riders of the dark," an effort nonetheless.
Which left me with four hours of bike repair and maintenance, and 12 ounces of water in each boot.




ORANGE repaired 
 ready to roll

2 comments:

  1. You need work on the self timer portrait....maybe
    check with Jeff....:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now we know what the noise Orange was making turned out to be!

    ReplyDelete