"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered." G.K. Chesterton

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

a Very Special Thanks . . .

I'd like to extend a Very Special Thanks to the driver of the silver SUV, who at 2:15 this afternoon while East bound on the North Shore Scenic Drive chose to place his right rear wheel in just the proper position and accelerate at just the right second to send enough salt laden slush onto me to nearly knock me off the road.  I'd also like to thank him for completely covering my glasses in said slush, for saturating my clothing and for filling my mouth full of especially tasty salty snow (yum).  In his defense it should be noted there were no other cars anywhere to be seen and I was as far to the right as I could safely be.  Again, a Very Special Thank You.
I had to remind myself of this:
Confessions of a reformed car chaser
(Thanks Almanzo)
Other than that . . . Dave and I had a great ride!




I was a bit surprised that nearly the entire road was still snow covered.  Perfect fun on ice!













I think there may be just a bit of bike maintenance in my immediate future.









Already can't wait until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment